Provide students with appropriate
learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area
assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional,
physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and
skills to function successfully in society.
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of
district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas
Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the
learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as
needed for special education students according to guidelines established in
Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals,
objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor
outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for
the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional
18. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with
parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents,
and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and
Professional Growth and Development
21. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related
22. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations
and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports,
records, and other documents required.
24. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping,
bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media
equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.