6th Grade Social Studies
Instructor: Coach Baker
COURSE DESCRIPTION: In grade 6, students study people and places of the contemporary world. Societies selected for study are chosen from the following regions of the world: Europe, Asia, North America, Middle America, South America, Africa, Australia, and the Pacific realm. Students, for example, will study the influence of individuals and groups on historical and contemporary events in those societies and identify the locations and geographic characteristics of selected societies. Students will identify political, economic, geographic, and social systems common to all societies.
CSCOPE: Our class will follow the CSCOPE curriculum as well as History Alive.
TEXTBOOK: Social Studies 6 – Contemporary World Studies- Houghton, Mifflin, Harcourt
7:30a.m. – 7:55 a.m. Monday – Thursday
BEHAVIOR & DISCIPLINE:
CISD Discipline & attendance policies will be enforced:
- Report to class on time with supplies.
- Treat teacher and students with respect.
- Cell phones must be turned completely off while in class.
- Take care of your personal needs during passing periods, lunch & before/after school.
- FIRST OFFENSE – TEACHER/STUDENT CONFERENCE
- SECOND OFFENSE – PARENT CONTACT
- THIRD OFFENSE – PRINCIPAL REFERRAL
Student Signature: ___________________________Date: ________________2015
Parent Signature: ___________________________ Date: ________________ 2015