With modesty in mind, the following dress code guidelines will be enforced at the CHS prom.
Formal attire is required for the prom.
For young men, this means full length dress pants (or crisply starched and pressed NEW jeans), dress shirt and tie. Suits or tuxes are preferred but not required.
Young women should wear a formal dress or a pant suit designed for formal wear.
However, each should make sure the dress meets the following requirements:
- Dresses may not be cut below the bust line. The bust continues around your sides directly under the armpit.
- Midriffs will not be exposed. This includes both front and side.
- Backless dresses are allowed as long as they are not cut below the naval.
- Strapless dresses are okay.
- Dresses may not be shorter than, nor have a slit that exceeds mid thigh as determined by the standard fingertip rule.
No pinning will be allowed as an alteration for a dress if without the pins the dress does
not meet dress code. Fabric inserts must be sewn, not pinned, if without the inserts the
dress does not meet dress code. No cover-ups (coats, shawls, sweaters) will be allowed
over dresses that do not meet dress code.
Any young woman who is not certain her dress is appropriate can bring the dress or a
photo of the dress to Mr. Cummings for approval.
In addition to these requirements, the facial hair policy will be strictly enforced including
dates of any age. Anyone who does not meet the dress code will not be allowed through
the door at the prom.
Also, anyone whose prom date is not a CURRENT student at CHS will be expected to
complete a Prom Date Approval Form. These forms will be available from Mrs. Stiles in
the front office beginning March 1.